Did you mean: 

CGI Space changes ...

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: CGI Space changes ...

Quote from: Townman
I have not received a follow up email before being migrated, however on looking at the portal today, it looks like I have already been migrated.  I have not received details on how to access the service.

You've not been migrated. You can establish this by doing a lookup on your CGI web address as follows:
>nslookup ccgi.<username>.plus.com
Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    ccgi.plus.net
Address:  84.92.1.4
Aliases:  ccgi.<username>.plus.com

84.92.1.X is the address of the current CGI platform. Once your account's been migrated this will change to 91.136.8.9.
The portal icon's already been rolled live because, if I'm honest, we envisaged that the migrations would be complete by now Wink
The SQL icon has gone and the old CGI icon should also have been removed so I expect that will be gone pretty soon too. We've moved traditional Webstats under the renamed 'Standard Webstats' as well, as opposed to it having it's own icon. Unfortunately, it's a bit broken at the moment. It's not displaying all of a customer's website addresses and for those it is displaying, the hyperlink's broken. We're working at getting that fixed now.
I've little or no content on cgi / MySQL - this has been a project in waiting for (a long) time - I now have time, but apparently no access!

I'll try and get you in the next batch which is scheduled for next week I believe.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: Bob
The portal icon's already been rolled live because, if I'm honest, we envisaged that the migrations would be complete by now Wink
I'll try and get you in the next batch which is scheduled for next week I believe.

Bob,
Thank you for the prompt reply.  For clarity to all, from the above would I be correct in concluding that the plan / process has regrettably gone a bit squiffy?
1. Users who have not yet been migrated now no longer have administrative access to their cgi / MySQL environments?  (Portal access icons have been removed across the board, not just on those accounts now migrated.)
2. There are still several 'batches' of customers to be processed?
3. Depending upon which batch they fall in they could be in this position for a few weeks?
...or have I read too much into your honest reply or have I misunderstood?
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

andun84
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

mysql is still accessible through mysql.plus.net as always so I assume cgi is also still available. Give it a try  Wink
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Nope, cannot logon to ftp service for cshell.plus.net

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

andun84
Rising Star

Oh that's odd. You can't log in at all. I can log in fine and run basic directory commands though I do note the other post up on this thread where the poster was getting timeouts. I didn't experience that however as I say I didn't try to do much whilst logged in.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I've yet to receive the email but I'm expecting my cgi to be migrated next week. I can still FTP to my cgi site, though in my case it's the Force9 server. Transferring files and browsing to content works.
Does browsing to ccgi.<username>.plus.com work (it will give an error 500 if you don't have any content)?
David
andun84
Rising Star

Just a couple of thoughts as you say that you haven't used it in a long time that you are trying to log in from a plusnet connection. This requirement was introduced a few years ago. Also the notes are outdated. It says that you log in with your password that you use to log into plusnet with however this isn't necessarily the case. My password for cgi and my the one for my plusnet broadband connection are different.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

That's a good point. The password for cgi remains at whatever your Member Centre password was when cgi was initialised. Whilst changing the Member Centre password updates that for homepages it does not change that for cgi.
David
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Bob,
Thank you for the prompt reply.  For clarity to all, from the above would I be correct in concluding that the plan / process has regrettably gone a bit squiffy?
1. Users who have not yet been migrated now no longer have administrative access to their cgi / MySQL environments?  (Portal access icons have been removed across the board, not just on those accounts now migrated.)

What administrative access is that then? The ability to turn the service on/off? Grin
Seriously though, that's all the icons did. Whether they're there or not, customers who had an active service can still access their sites via FTP/HTTP. Access to SQL is also still possible via the usual channels.
2. There are still several 'batches' of customers to be processed?

Yes, the significant bulk of customers that actually use the service are yet to be moved. We should be in a position to migrate some more next week.
3. Depending upon which batch they fall in they could be in this position for a few weeks?

Don't hold me to it, but most should have been migrated in a fortnight or so.
Nope, cannot logon to ftp service for cshell.plus.net

Your account looks to be active so I suspect it's as andun84 has suggested. If you need your password resetting then feel free to raise a support ticket.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Bob, Wasn't there an icon for phpMyAdmin?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

What administrative access is that then? The ability to turn the service on/off? Grin
Your account looks to be active so I suspect it's as andun84 has suggested. If you need your password resetting then feel free to raise a support ticket.

Bob,
Most humorous!!
I guess I might be a bit thick here as I've not used this facility very much - until a few days ago (last week). Then there was a MySQL icon which (successfully) gave me access to my database.  It is no longer there, the new icon takes me to a logon screen for which my username and password (account or MySQL)credentials do not work.
I therefore (wrongly) assumed that I had been migrated - you have advised I have not and that I should still have access.  Today I tried to ftp to my cgi space and I cannot gain access.  I have never changed my PN password from having first set the account up, therefore I believe my cgi password to be the same as my main account.
Which bit have I misunderstood please?
Cheers,
Kevin

andun84
Rising Star

I guess I might be a bit thick here as I've not used this facility very much - until a few days ago (last week). Then there was a MySQL icon which (successfully) gave me access to my database.  It is no longer there, the new icon takes me to a logon screen for which my username and password (account or MySQL)credentials do not work.

You need to use the web address I gave you at 9.36am this morning.
http://mysql.plus.net
That icon you are referring to takes you to the new server but as you have been advised this isn't active for you yet.
I therefore (wrongly) assumed that I had been migrated - you have advised I have not and that I should still have access.  Today I tried to ftp to my cgi space and I cannot gain access.  I have never changed my PN password from having first set the account up, therefore I believe my cgi password to be the same as my main account.

Are you certain you never changed your password as there was a security problem a few years back and we were all advised to change our passwords. In any case if you are certain you haven't changed it and can't gain access then there is only one recourse as Bob has advised and that is to raise a ticket to have your password reset.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Quote from: jelv
Bob, Wasn't there an icon for phpMyAdmin?

Not on the Website Settings page. The phpMyAdmin link was on the page that came up when clicking the MySQL icon. As andun84 has posted it was to http://mysql.plus.net . Login there still works for me.
David
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: andun84

You need to use the web address I gave you at 9.36am this morning.
http://mysql.plus.net
That icon you are referring to takes you to the new server but as you have been advised this isn't active for you yet.
Are you certain you never changed your password as there was a security problem a few years back and we were all advised to change our passwords. In any case if you are certain you haven't changed it and can't gain access then there is only one recourse as Bob has advised and that is to raise a ticket to have your password reset.

Hi andun84,
Thank you for your advice, the point you made this morning was not lost on me.  I'm guessing that those in the know knew this - I did not and the changes made to the portal access points before migrating users results in those of us not in the know, not knowing how to access the legacy locations.  Bob's reply sought to suggest that the 'normal' access routes still function - that perspective depends on what is thought (known) to be normal.
Yes I am certain (as I can be) that I have never changed my PN password - ever!  Guess I had better raise a support ticket!
Best stop taking this thread off topic!
Cheers,
Kevin

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Kevin, the SQL icon took you to a web page where you could activate the service. This triggered an email containing your database access credentials. Once activated the only thing you could do via the icon was switch it off, and that was broken on a lot of accounts anyway. Having said that...
Quote from: spraxyt
Not on the Website Settings page. The phpMyAdmin link was on the page that came up when clicking the MySQL icon. As andun84 has posted it was to http://mysql.plus.net . Login there still works for me.

It may be that this was displayed differently depending on your account set up. I certainly didn't have a phpMyAdmin icon when logged into my account.
Anyway, apologies for the confusion, give me a nudge when you raise that ticket and I'll make sure it gets seen to.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team