Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account transfer to widow

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Account transfer to widow

I'm visiting somebody tomorrow who told me she is a Plusnet client having trouble with her internet connection.  One problem she encountered is that the account is in the name of her husband, now deceased.  When she tried to deal with Plusnet Tech. Support, she was told she is not authorised.  Would Plusnet want sight of a copy of the Death Certificate to transfer the account into her name or is there a simpler procedure?  I had the impression that whoever she spoke to had not been trained to deal sensitively with problems like this.   
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Account transfer to widow

If you have the account login details go on to the account and raise a ticket to say that she is authorised to deal with the account.
If the call was insensitive you might post a ticket number from the account and an approximate date/time for the call so that one of the team can have a listen.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

We only had a brief telephone conversation so far but I think the point is that she does not have the account login credentials and is not authorised to be told what they are.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Could you ask her to email documents@plus.net (this is specifically for death certificates and similar) along with information about what she'd like to do with the account (change name and details to hers, or cancel it) and one of the team should be in touch. Please ask her to attach a copy of the death certificate along with the account holder's name, phone number and address (to help us find the correct account).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.