cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing/Terms changes - October 2013

Devonian
Grafter

Re: Pricing/Terms changes - October 2013

Perhaps the small print shouldn't be quite so small?
captainpeebee

Not completely sure i have received the email, but i am an Plusnet Extra Fibre customer signed up Nov 12.
I signed with line rental at £13.99.
Looking at the thread ill be done over either way. No home phone £1.50 charge, home phone stays extra £1 per month line rental.
Can someone clarify this is correct.
I have read the 14 day cancellation terms does this apply when on a 18 month contract?
Cheers Angry
grahamt
Rising Star

Normally whan Plusnet sends me mail it goes to 'postmaster' at my plusnet account and also to the alternate (non-Plusnet) email address I provided. However, the message about the new prices has (so far) only arrived at my alternate address.
In practice this is not a problem for me, but if there were any contractual issues, I wonder what counts as the official notification? Have I now been officially informed (because the message arrived at my alternate address) or have I not yet (because it hasn't arrived at my Plusnet address)?
Graham
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Since my LRS runs out early January I don't have the option of reducing the cost by renewing early.
Looks like I can save money by moving my telephone service next January and, as far as I can see, there's no 'penalty / surcharge' on my Fibre Unlimited (which I've had since January this year) - am I correct?
Obviously there's a risk that PN will introduce a broadband only surcharge for Fibre Unlimited in the future but I can decide at that time whether to move the phone back or move the broadband elsewhere.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We send these emails to the address you've specified
45. We will also let you know about a price increase or a change to the Terms and Conditions that we believe is likely to cause you material disadvantage at least one month before it happens. We will let you know about other price changes and changes to the Terms and Conditions via email to the contact email address on the account and by adding a service note to your account. Account Service Notes can be viewed at http://contactus.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: captainpeebee
Looking at the thread ill be done over either way. No home phone £1.50 charge, home phone stays extra £1 per month line rental.

Another option is to pay for another year's Line Rental Saver. As I understand it, before October you can buy a further 12 months at the current price. The 12 months will run from AFTER your current one expires. This certainly was the case for me before last year's increase.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

But that option is only available if your LRS falls with 3 months of the price increase isn't it - as I understand it my LRS falls at he end of January so I don't qualify.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Mine's due for renewal on the 7th of Jan so I don't expect to be able to take advantage of a 3 months advance payment Cry
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

4th  Angry Angry Cry
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone asked whether Plusnet will accept more than 12 month payment in advance ?
to take advantage of the reduced line rental over a longer than 12 month period.
i.e. making the total pre-paid months up to 24, so keeping the original line rental date the same !
coastergrotto
Grafter

I'm still waiting for my email.  I know they are being sent out in batches, but how many more batches before they have all been sent?
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I joined Plusnet for a cheaper line rental than BT
BT s £15.43 + privacy pack (caller display and TPS)
Plusnets £14.99 (almost £15) + caller display £0.99 = £15.98
Plusnet landline with caller display now officially 55p more expensive than BT
Congratulations. You have eaten up my monthly pack of polos  Cry
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Not completely sure i have received the email, but i am an Plusnet Extra Fibre customer signed up Nov 12.
I signed with line rental at £13.99.
Can someone clarify this is correct.

Not my choice of words but yes, you're correct. Although you could pay now for 12 months advance line rental which would cost the equivalent of £10.49/mnth (£125.88 for the year).
I have read the 14 day cancellation terms does this apply when on a 18 month contract?

Fibre or otherwise, you can leave without paying any early termination fees if the changes are detrimental and you choose not to accept them.
Quote from: w23
Looks like I can save money by moving my telephone service next January and, as far as I can see, there's no 'penalty / surcharge' on my Fibre Unlimited (which I've had since January this year) - am I correct?

Yes, that's correct.
Quote from: purleigh

Not something we can do at present I'm afraid Sad
Quote from: coastergrotto
I'm still waiting for my email.  I know they are being sent out in batches, but how many more batches before they have all been sent?

Quite a few. I don't expect them all to have been sent until the end of the month.
Quote from: NorthEasterner
BT s £15.43 + privacy pack (caller display and TPS)
Plusnets £14.99 (almost £15) + caller display £0.99 = £15.98

Does the BT package include evening & Weekend calls too?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

nope just weekend calls, but an extra £2 for eve and week or an extra £7 for anytime.
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
cjibbo

I had my email today asking for an extra £1 a month on my line rental. With my Extra Fibre £19.99 and new line rental £14.99 your cost will be more than SKY. This is the second time you have increased your prices with me, and at the same time taken the opportunity upsell and resign me, offering a slight discount to my new charges.
You don't make it easy to cancel either with wait times in excess of 15 minutes (shocking).
What will the price rises give us as loyal customers? will i get my calls answered within an acceptable time, the ability to email you via the contact us page, or the basic ability to change my direct debit date?
Christian