cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster Profile Please

clarepennyazale

Faster Profile Please

I am a fairly new PlusNet customer.  I was previously with TalkTalk, with whom I was on the fastest possible profile - I should like this again please.
I am last but one on a long line from our exchange.  I have a DrayTek Vigor 2710n router, which I have plugged into the test socket.  My router reported stats are:
Mode    ADSL2+
Up speed    443928
Down speed  1207783
SNR    7db
Loop att  69
My router is quite capable of handling an SNR of 2.  After some discussion, TalkTalk placed me on the 0 - 3 db profile.  This allowed me to reach a usual speed of around 1.5Mbps, sometimes 1.6 and once 1.7.  The difference may seem small to you, but it is great to me, particularly when you consider that I share this inside our house between three teenagers as well as myself. 
I am very happy to sacrifice stability for speed under my particular circumstances.  You will notice a number of resync events already on my connection - most of these are me attempting to gain a higher speed.  TalkTalk switched off DLM on my line so that I was not penalised speedwise for doing so.
I have this morning run your BT speed test which reported the following
Down 0.91
Up 0.37
Ping latency 35.38
Further diagnostics reported the same, but added
Down IP Profile 1.04Mbps
I would be extremely grateful if you could help me with this request.  I shall be happy to provide any further information that you require.
With many thanks
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Faster Profile Please

Hi,
We don't have the same control over lines as TalkTalk do I'm afraid, though I have reset your line with a downstream target margin of 3dB which should increase the speed a bit - ideally by around 800kb/s but perhaps less. I've also left interleaving set to off for you.
Hope that helps, you should notice things start to change within the next 4 hours or so - that'll be the start of the retraining.
clarepennyazale

Re: Faster Profile Please

Thank you so much for a speedy reply, and for your help.  I'll check the speeds later on.
With best wishes Smiley