cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats the latest firmware for the Technicolor TG582n ???

matty2k13
Grafter

whats the latest firmware for the Technicolor TG582n ???

this it mine

Product Name: TG582n
Serial Number: CP1247VFVU8
Software Release: 8.4.4.J
Software Variant: BV
Boot Loader Version: 1.0.5
Product Code: 3701603B
Board Name: DANT-T
16 REPLIES 16
MarkBevan

Re: whats the latest firmware for the Technicolor TG582n ???

WonderWabbit
Grafter

Hi matty2k13
Where do you get that profile information?
I needed a firmware update,  (as i was having Sky box on-demand issues, which i was told would help resolve);
and, too, was given that link ....
but as a lay-techie, i found that information all too complicated.
However - speaking to Plusnet Support,
they did do a remote-firmware update to my Router.
I only know that this has been done as my Plusnet Router Connectivity Check tester now tells me "IPv6 disabled for this Internet service", which it didn't used to say.
They can do this for you, too, if you don't feel competent enough to do it for yourself....
Regards
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Login to the Router and click on Technicolor Gateway Information (the blue link in the middle).
WonderWabbit
Grafter

Firmware:
Technicolor Gateway
Information
Product Name: TG582n
Serial Number: CPXXXXXXXXX
Software Release: 10.2.5.2
Software Variant: EO
Boot Loader Version: 1.0.5
Product Code: 3684778B
Board Name: DANT-T
Anotherone
Champion

That's the latest firmware. And BTW IPv6 disabled WAN side is the default and there is no problem with that.
o2refugee
Grafter

Is that v10 firmware compatible with fttc? I have only just joined and mine is 8.C.M.0.
Anotherone
Champion

Yes. Have a read of the link in reply #1. If you are into a bit of fiddling and chucking a few CLI commands about, it could be of interest.
o2refugee
Grafter

Thanks anotherone I had not looked into that link. Now it appears that this router has all the SuperUser and TR069 garbage that the old O2 TG585 had which took me ages to disable. I thought I had read something that implied the TR069 and extra SuperUsers was only in  the ADSL version not the fibre one.  I was trying  to avoid going into this while I decided if/what router to buy as a replacement. It is really annoying to now "own" this router without having full control, unlike with O2 where you were just renting the router. If its is anything like the TG585 it is a pain to restore the saved configuration, which never completely works and it puts you off making any changes at all
At least Plusnet give some more technical info.
Anotherone
Champion

You should find restoring a saved configuration on this one Ok, I've not had a problem on 2 firmware versions I've tried.
Yes you have to disable TR-069 and the other garbage so you have full control  Roll_eyes
Edit: CLI Manual (only one download per day unless you register there)
o2refugee
Grafter

The Portal had a "help" document which listed routers using TR069 and the 582 was not in the list of routers using it. I suppose it was just out of date. I have now belatedly switched off auto configuration. I assume this modifies the ini file as a one off, so I can ignore the user configuration stuff for now.
What is the easiest way of disabling all superfluous users and closing the TR069 port.
I think I found an odd manual for the router on an australian website that includes some CLI info sometime ago is there anything on the forum that I can get hold of?
Anotherone
Champion

npr, now a Plusnet customer has an excellent website with most of the info you will need. See also my edit above. I don't know about disabling superfluous users, I wouldn't have thought that a problem. But also go here (login required) and Disable Auto Setup.
o2refugee
Grafter

I have done the autosetup. I will have a look at the npr website. How different is the v10 CLI from v8? I have downloaded your v10 link, but cannot download for a v8 one on the previous site if there is one until tomorrow.
Anotherone
Champion

Try this for 8.4.4. There's here as well may have some interesting info - IIRC there's a link in there to one of Plusnet's pages somewhere Grin  There's also O2 forums Wink
o2refugee
Grafter

Thanks again anotherone. Do you spend all your time here answering these silly questions?