cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little peak time latency humps

AndyH
Grafter

Re: Little peak time latency humps

As suggested, I started a new thread for this specific issue (just to avoid any confusion that this is a new problem!).
Peak Time Latency Issues - Possibly Bradwell Abbey (MK) Node - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,118668.0.html
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks Andy.
I'll speak to Dave and see whether we've had a reply back yet on the report we put through.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
SuperZoom
Grafter

You sure it's a Milton Keynes thing?...
I had more of an ice shard than a volcano last night, and it wasn't caused by anything here.
Don't know about previously because I had the ping monitor off. Switched it on to see if it showed anything whilst there was no network activity here.
It did!

EDIT:  See below - schedules changed and the local network wasn't quiet as it was planned to be!  My fault for not double-checking before posting.    Embarrassed
AndyH
Grafter

Your graph is really weird. The latency spikes are at the end of the peak period (and Sat is normally quiet). Something is amiss.
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Just incase it adds anything to the mix, here is my graph.
SuperZoom
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
Your graph is really weird. The latency spikes are at the end of the peak period (and Sat is normally quiet). Something is amiss.

Well, no repeat tonight, anyway.
As I mentioned in the other thread: checked when I got in and has been flat as a pancake    Smiley

EDIT:    It turns out the spike, was actually local use after all. Very sorry for the wild goose chase - incorrect schedule information on my part. Just shows you should always double-check 3rd party information!