cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lots of pc issues that i cant seem to fix

kevyandrean
Grafter

lots of pc issues that i cant seem to fix

Hello all. I dont know if this is the right section, could a mod move it to the right place if not please? Smiley  Anyway i have a few issue at the moment wich is making anything i do online a nightmare.
Firstly every time i start  firefox or ie i get very high cpu usage. Iv never had this before, sometimes everything becomes unresponsive. Id say its far worse on ie than firefox.
Every time i download something on ie i get a message saying this download contains a virus and then download gets aborted.
I then try to download on firefox but the download wont open, The download doesn't even save on my computer at all. I click open containing folder but nothing happens.
Also every time i go on hotmail i get a script error message on both firefox and ie.
Google chrome on the other-hand opens but says every site contains a virus.
I have avira anti virus and orbit malware fighter. They have found issues but my problems dont go away after they deal with the issues.
Hope someone can help.  Cry
6 REPLIES 6
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: lots of pc issues that i cant seem to fix

To start with I would suggest downloading the Malwarebytes and scanning with that.
Also, try running Spybot 1.6 (don't go for the later 2.1 version as it is messy in use and hasn't had good reviews).
Also, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be along with further advice.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

journeys
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

It may help:- Yesterday I had several issues with the latest ‘Adobe Air’ update (runs in conjunction with BBC iPlayer Desktop)…………blue screen, slow to start, system dump, gives the appearance of a virus, initially couldn’t even remove ‘adobe air’.
Used CCleaner to delete them from start up, rebooted and removed iPlayer and adobe Air.
Seems to be OK now.
I’ve got a little tired of Adobe’s playing around with continual updates and changes, have elected not to use iPlayer desktop, at least for a few months.
(this is on a win7 home edition netbook)
picbits
Rising Star

I would check for Rootkit viruses first of all - these can hide or mask a variety of nasties on your machine.
http://support.kaspersky.com/5350?el=88446
I had to sort out a business machine for a customer - it had a rootkit on which when removed revealed four other viruses on the machine which three mainstream virus checkers couldn't spot when the rootkit was active.
Once you know there isn't a rootkit lurking, as above, scan with Malwarebytes etc.
kevyandrean
Grafter

thanks for your reply's folks, malwarebytes full trial couldn't fix the issue. I cant download anything Sad is there a way of manually searching for rootkits/virus etc?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Try starting in safe mode - that might just allow you to download
picbits
Rising Star

Or if you have access to another PC, download it onto memory stick and run it from there.
Alternatively you could see if you can get a copy of the Hirens boot disk as that has lots of "utilities" which as rootkit and antivirus utilities and see if they find anything.