cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer: upgrade to unlimited to fibre?

shama

New customer: upgrade to unlimited to fibre?

Hi everyone
So I'm a new customer to PlusNet (less than 2 weeks in) and I signed up for the Fibre Essentials package, but now I'm thinking I should have just gone for the Unlimited package right away rather than waiting to see how the Essentials panned out.
On the 'Product Change' section of my.plus.net I can choose the upgrade ok, but all prices are the standard prices and don't reflect the Broadband Discount I received on sign-up. The email I got when I signed up ("Confirmation of your broadband discount") seems to imply the discount is for my account, not my package ("Your monthly discount is:  XXX% off You'll receive this discount for the next X months. You don't need to do anything, this discount is automatically applied to your account.") but I'd hate to go through the process of selecting an upgrade only to find I'd wiped out all of that discount (remembering I am not even at my first billing date yet!)
Does anyone else have experience of doing this: upgrading within your discount period?
Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: New customer: upgrade to unlimited to fibre?

Hi there,
The discounts will be removed as part of the account change process. However our support team will make sure they're re-added following the change - this will be for the same monetary value as previously, so you'll still be paying more than you were, but the discount will continue as it was Smiley
EDIT: Apologies, I've just been informed that isn't the case and you will actually lose the discount. Sorry about that.
shama

Really? Less than 2 weeks in and a simple upgrade-and-keep-discount isn't possible? No disrespect intended, but that reeks of bad practice. I'm a customer willing to give you more money a month but rather than take it you'd rather try and bleed as much as you can from me, and along the way annoy me so that I am guaranteed to leave you at the first opportunity?
I guess I need to phone up and speak to someone, because nowhere in your policies does it say this. All it says is that I'll need a new 18 month contract.
In fact, the email I've got specifically says the discount is for my account. I assume an upgrade won't actually be giving me a whole new account? I'll still have the same account number, name, payment details and all the setup details you've already got yes? I asked the question just to be double sure, not really expecting it to be a problem, but now I'm pretty pee'd off.
dick:quote
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I think the amended information from Matt is correct according to the terms of the offer. However if you discuss your requirements with the Customer Options Team on 0800 432 0200 (I think you need option 4) open 09:00 to 1730 Mon to Fri you might be able to negotiate a price for the upgrade which is mutually acceptable.
David