cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is getting ridiculous

HNKS
Grafter

This is getting ridiculous

Firstly I was restriced to 40/10 even though Im on the unlimited fibre package. ( Est 72Mb)
I call them up Saturday and they tell me it will be change to 80/20 by Tuesday. Not the end of the world even 40/10 is a big improvement I thought.
This morning I got speeds of 56Mb.
I come back from work and Im getting download speeds between 8-30Mb. I cant even ring them up until the weekend as I get back from work just past 8pm every weekday.
Someone remind me why Im paying for fibre....
59 REPLIES 59
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: This is getting ridiculous

why can't you ring in the evening - support are there 24/7
HNKS
Grafter

I am an idiot. For some reason I thought they closed at 8pm.
abhijack
Grafter

did you ring them?
it seems a lot of people who recently got fttc install like you and me are having major issue with speeds...
hope it gets sorted...
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

ooh.  Is this another 80/20 install that went in as 40/10?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
sarahcook62
Dabbler

Plusnet please fix my speeds :( FTTC

Hi,
I have had FTTC unlimited package installed and it has been over a week now, and after plugging my computer into the router via a wired connection, and running a speed test, i have never seen my speeds go about 40 down and 9 up Sad The estimated speed for my line was 69 down and 19 up. I am not asking for lots as i know im not going to get the 80 down 20 up that my package offers but i was expecting at least 60 down 17 up after looking at my estimated speeds. Just wondering if this can be fixed as i need the fast speeds due to my work involving uploading videos to youtube which is very time consuming on slow speeds.
Thanks in advance!
pengbo
Grafter

hmmm this does happen then? Think I may also have this. Well time will tell.
dick:quote
sarahcook62
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet please fix my speeds :( FTTC

This is what is says on my plus net account
"Estimated line speed:
    67Mb (Accurate to within +/- 1Mbit) - Checked on 2013-01-15 23:52:08
Current line speed:
    67.4 Mb "
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Will have a look at this tomorrow.  I've got a suspicion now that we might have had a bunch of fibre orders go 40/10 instead of 80/20 😕
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
hughconway
Grafter

Could you check mine? I've got an ongoing fault due to low speeds and, although it may be unrelated, my upload speed seems to hage topped out at 11Mb/s against a 20Mb/s prediction. My download speeds are also under 30Mb/s against a prediction of 58Mb/s and the profile in the Member Centre says 47Mb/s (ish).
Username: hughandsam
Thanks,
Hugh
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@HNKS, @pengbo I'm checking through both of your accounts not to see if I can spot anything in common with these issues.
I can't see anything on our side TBH but I'm going to run some diagnostics to see if that identifies anything.
@HNKS,
I've just noted from a diagnostic check that we'd need you to run what's called a TAP3 test at http://www.speedtester.bt.com just follow the instructions on there and make sure you complete all the requested tests please. Let me know when you have as on the up side this means that tests are identifying an issue on our supplier's side so a fault is the best way forward.
@pengbo,
Tests aren't identifying issues with our suppliers so I'm not convinced that these issues are related. I'm going to advise raising a fault though: http://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi all,
I'll be checking both your accounts shortly, we've seen other reports of that noted here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,110895.msg950444.html#msg950444

@hughconway, yes, your's is definitely not connected to the other cases, however I can see an engineer visit has been booked for today, let us know how that goes.
@sarahcook62, I've found out this was our bad! we didn't order the right broadband product for you so I'm really sorry about that. I've submitted order 1-14618823940 which should complete tomorrow and upgrade the speeds for you.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that our CSC have seem other similar reports where customers may have been provisioned on the wrong fibre product. So I'll make sure we're doing the same thorough checks on those too. However @sarahcook62's is the only one out of the 4 I've seen on this forum today where that has actually been the case.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sarahcook62
Dabbler

Ahh thats good to see, but are you sure this could be the problem as im not actually hitting the cap at 40 down 10 up. Im getting around 30-35 down and 5-9 up. Either way i hope this clears it up so i can move on and buy a powerline adapter for my desktop, which unfortunately is no longer next to router due to the master socket being in a very inconvenient  place on the other side of the house 😕
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Yes, I'm in no doubt, I see detailed on the order that we requested a maximum of a 40mb downstream and a 10mb upstream.
FYI, we've raised problem 74168 to investigate any such cases like Sarah's where our systems have ordered the incorrect fibre product.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TwitDotTV

I believe the same may have happened to my account. I ordered Fibre Unlimited and the checker estimated around 60ish for download at the time. On the day of the install the engineer confirmed 40/10 product via his diagnostic tool.