Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

Quote from: Bochin
I was just wondering. I have recently (month ago) took Fibre Extra with 250GB allowance. This product have been traffic managed etc but the new unlimited is not.
There is no reference anymore on the PlusNet website to the traffic managing the 250GB Fibre extra is that mean my Fibre Extra is now without any traffic management?

You need to look in the archives: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/plusnet-extra-archive.shtml
Nothing has changed for old accounts.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: snozboz
If I switch to Unlimited Broadband with a 12 month contract (in a low cost area), what happens if I move house before the contract ends (and take my Plusnet broadband with me)?  Is one free house move still included?

If you are within the first 3 months of the contract, they you can have a house move free of charge.
If you are beyond 3 months of your contract then you can either re-contract for the length of their original contract (12 for ADSL/18 for fibre) or can pay £65 up-front for the house move.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Hi, a question from a "dormant" user - still lurking courtesy of a "dial-up" account and some referrals.  Cool
But the new unlimited/unmanaged packages are definitely of interest as I'm now in Market 3. Wink
If I was to come back to PN would I get to use my same ID/account - i.e. still linked to this Forum account and my referrals?
And are static IP's available on the new unlimited packages - I couldn't see anything when I checked availability?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: jelv
Quote from: snozboz
I imagine that there's a penalty for leaving before a contract ends.  What is it?
And is it over and above the usual "take a MAC code" or "pay a £25 cessation charge"?

You have to pay the remaining months subscription in addition to the £25 if you don't migrate out using a MAC.
That isn't quite accurate.
The early termination charges are given here http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html
Table 6
Monthly Early Termination Charge
Plusnet Essentials £4.25
Plusnet Unlimited £5.50
Table 12
Monthly Early Termination Charge
Plusnet Essentials Fibre £5.25
Plusnet Unlimited Fibre £5.75
Plusnet Value Fibre £4.25
(£4 if you signed up before 14/08/2012)
Plusnet Extra Fibre £5.50
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Just tried changing from Fibre Extra to Unlimited. Got this:
There's something we should mention...
    It looks like a temporary fault has stopped us from checking your line. If your happy to proceed without a speed estimate, click "Continue without a speed estimate" below.

(The word highlighted in bold is for Plusnet's grammar department to fix!)
Below it I only had the option to keep my current product, not change it. No great hurry, I'll try again later.
BRABUS
Grafter

Well i have been watching all of this with great interest and have to say that for any existing customers who are not in contract, that it is pretty poor of Plus Net not to offer them the half price discounts.  New customers only?  Come on, you are starting to sound like a bank advert.
I would love to hear any comments from Bob etc
James
Grafter

I would recommend speaking with the Customer Options department in these cases.
I'm fairly certain they would be able to offer you something, but the standard call centre would not.
BRABUS
Grafter

That's the sort of response I like to hear  8). shame my billing date is today so I have missed the chance for this month LOL
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: BRABUS
Well i have been watching all of this with great interest and have to say that for any existing customers who are not in contract, that it is pretty poor of Plus Net not to offer them the half price discounts.  New customers only?  Come on, you are starting to sound like a bank advert.

Sounds like pretty standard commercial practice to me where the main aim  is to gain new users!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: spookypickle
My only concern was this:
Your Broadband speed
Current product:
   12Mb (down) / 1Mb(up)
New product:
   7.5Mb
The speeds above are based on the details we have on your account:

That also worried me when I signed up. But ignoring how far out the estimates are from reality and just looking at the estimate differences I'm assuming that it's because it's done in real time.
Like my current estimate was recently made/repopulated mid afternoon using the usual change product trick. While yours above and my sign up one were made at 6-7am when speeds are naturally much lower.
godsell4
Rising Star

On the Essentials product, is there still the option to buy more than 10GB usage?
On a Market1 exchange, my BBYW1 10GB Special Offer account at £10/month is still hard to beat. I dont fancy paying £13/month for 10GB especially if I do not have the option of increasing usage. The jump to £17/month for Unlimited if I start to use a little over 10GB is not great.
The joys of Market1. Sad
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
reddev87
Grafter

Switched to Fibre Unlimited. I was coming to the end of my 18-month contract so I'm giving PN a vote of confidence by committing to another 18 months.
No problems with the service in the first 18 months, so I was happy enough.
Only slight niggle I have is the whole half price thing, would have been nice to offer *something* to those either coming to the end of contracts, or already out of contract - a little sweetener to retain their custom, considering that they are locking themselves into a further contract.
But hey....unlimited FTTC for £20 a month, can't complain too much!  Crazy
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: KevinG
Just tried changing from Fibre Extra to Unlimited. Got this:
There's something we should mention...
    It looks like a temporary fault has stopped us from checking your line. If your happy to proceed without a speed estimate, click "Continue without a speed estimate" below.

(The word highlighted in bold is for Plusnet's grammar department to fix!)
Below it I only had the option to keep my current product, not change it. No great hurry, I'll try again later.

Any chance you could screen capture this for me?
Quote from: godsell4
On the Essentials product, is there still the option to buy more than 10GB usage?

Not in advance no. You are charged £5/5GB or part thereof if you exceed your included allowance (assuming you haven't set a cap).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: HPsauce
If I was to come back to PN would I get to use my same ID/account - i.e. still linked to this Forum account and my referrals?

Probably. Can you still log into our website? If so the ntry and request an account upgrade from there.
Quote from: HPsauce
And are static IP's available on the new unlimited packages - I couldn't see anything when I checked availability?

One-off activation fee of £5.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

StuartUK35
Grafter

i'm 15 months into my 18mth contract...  currently on the 250gb Fibre package....
Am i right to think if i change to Unlimited, i am therefore signing for another 18 months, and receiving unlimited with a limit of around 300gb per month ? Cheesy  (joke on that the limit bit, as i not read the FUP, AUP, DDE, FGB, DTF, and all the other ABB's they come up with for fair/acceptable/allowable/useable limits, etc!)  
dont use that amount anyway, just curious if i am in for another 18 months, as previous poster states, would have been nice to be given an incentive, just like all those new customer who will get 6 months hlaf price!
Before the admin trolls come along, i support PN and am happy with it....... and yes, i agree those posters on HUKD are mainly morons! Cheesy