Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Assist.

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Plusnet Assist.

SHMBO's Laptop popped up with the message Plusnet Assist 'Critical Update'  Thing is we had problems when we first used this but recently everything is running fine so am reluctant to suggest she uses this update as guess who will have to sort it out if anything goes wrong.
What does this 'Critical update do ' ? and can we get rid of this nagging message if we don't update ?
We are born into history and history is born into us.
4 REPLIES 4
petejackson
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Assist.

Hi.  The latest update for Plusnet Assist (version 01.00.02.05P) provides support for the Technicolor routers we now provide along with some relatively minor improvements to some of the connection diagnostic flows. There is no issue with your not updating other than you'll be prompted to update when you use one of the online utilities for example.  You shouldn't have any problems updating.. many thousands of our users have now updated the software.  If you do have any problems, let us know and we can advise.
ceebee123

Hi
I had the following web page pop up regarding an update for Plusnet Assist with using Windows 7.  When I click on next nothing happens.
Can you help ?

ceebee123
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you've turned off UAC (user account control) in Windows already then you won't get the popup, you can check the settings by going to Control Panel -> User Account control and looking at the slider on the left. If this is at the bottom then you've turned off the warnings, which is why you're not seeing the popup - Assist should still update though, please advise if it's not.
ceebee123

Hi Matt
Have tried altering the slider to different positions, but still not getting the page to move on when I press the  Next button.
Regards
ceebee123