Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from BT couple of questions

spike58

Moving from BT couple of questions

Hi
accept my apologies if this has been asked before
What exactly is this £55 credit limit ?
Am I right that weekend and evening calls are limited to to £55 and you are then charged for anything over and above that amount
If I decide to swap from BT do I have to notify BT or do Plusnet take care of it all
7 REPLIES 7
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Moving from BT couple of questions

The £55 limit per month is for any chargeable calls outside your package eg. a daytime call if you are on the evenings & w/e package.
If you were to spend near your limit, you can top up by phoning in and making a card payment
Have a read at http://www.plus.net/support/phone/credit-limit-and-top-ups-guide.shtml.
I think Plusnet will do everything, but it's probably a good idea to check with BT that you aren't still in a contract with them and give them notice - you don't have to tell them who you are going to. That's what I did when I moved.
spike58

thank you for your reply all sorted  Smiley
dick:quote
brightspark1
Grafter

I have no one to phone and really have the phoneline for access to the net(sad but true)few friends to phone and no family or friends so I have evening(7pm-8am)weeknights and unlimited weekends...but if I had to phone out during weekdays between 8am-7pm am I allowed an odd call and I do mean rare? Do I pay for the call?(or does that come out of the £55 allowed credit)
As I really have very few people to call I don't feel like paying an extra £36 per year just in case. I have even considered if I have to phone out during the daytime to use a basic Skype phone call and pay perhaps £10 credit which will last me for ages.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

You can make calls at anytime but will be charged for any outside the evenings and weekends local and national calls inclusive tariff. Your credit is reduced as call charges are accrued, then you pay for those calls on your next billing day (which restores your credit).
You can check your ongoing charges in the Home Phone Control Panel accessed via Phone Calls on the Member Centre navigation menu.
The phone calls tariff is here.
David
Anotherone
Champion

Be wary about using Skype for chargeable calls, there have been a few issues reported where people's accounts have been hacked and high usage has been made on overseas calls. Nor are they the cheapest option. I'll send you a PM later today.
brightspark1
Grafter

Thanks Anotherone,
I signed up to Skype so far haven't used it and I haven't really worked out the carry on over adding a microphone to the desktop. If I wasn't watching the pennies I wouuld have paid for access to a phoneline all the time with Plusnet but sadly I really have few if any friends or family to call...the line is to access the internet.
Even outgoing evening or weekend calls will be few and far between.
It may be just as easy to stick with my pay as you go mobile, I can put as little as £5 on it and that usually only is used if I need to book a taxxi to get me home with some shopping. And that could be used for odd calls where I have to call out between 8am-7pm. Or if I am not in my home and accessing a land line. If calls between 8am-7pm are not too expensive I may risk an odd call when I am not supposed to. Supposed I'd have to pay by credit card but that may incur a fee.
I was paying silly money for using the mobile whilst Mum was in the worst time of being ill as the very few realtives needed toi know what was happening and calls were becoming expensive as were texts.  If you spent £10 they'd give you 750 free texts at the weekend and 30 minutes of of free calls but I couldn't wait until the weekend and I could never use that amount of texts so in the end I was spending anything between £5-£25 a week!
That won't happen now but I'd do it again if I could have my dear Mum back again Cry
Oh well!
Thanks again...
Anotherone
Champion

I've sent you a PM brightspark1.