cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Improvements

Zap
Grafter

Service Improvements

I got this letter to allow personalised voicemails (something BT has had for a long time now) but what I would really like is caller line identification (without having to pay extra).
When I moved from BT I lost this and it is a real pain, I won't pay extra so it just P's me off with Plusnet.
Perhaps you can feed that bacl to Steve Woods so he can know this customers experience.!

Dear Sir
Here at Plusnet, we're always looking for ways to improve our service, so in 30 days' time we'll be upgrading the voicemail product on your phone line.
As well as making sure you don't miss a call when you're unavailable or on another call, you'll also be able to record your own personal greeting as part of your service. However, as part of the upgrade any existing messages you have will be removed.
You don't have to lift a finger - we'll handle everything and there won't be any disruption to any of your other Plusnet services.
All the best,
Steve Woods
Customer Experience Director, Plusnet
http://www.plus.net/
Email ref: DC031
--
Plusnet plc
Registered Office: Internet House, 2 Tenter Street, Sheffield, S1 4BY Registered in England no: 3279013
11 REPLIES 11
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Service Improvements

Hi Zap,
We'll make sure that's passed on for you, thanks for the feedback.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Zap
what I would really like is caller line identification (without having to pay extra).

+1
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anonymous
Not applicable

+2 !
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

+4 (inc SWMBO)
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

+ 5.
There was a thread on this board, some considerable time ago with a poll, and the majority of the respondents wanted Caller Display instead of 1571 IIRC. I'll try and find it later.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Plusnet's claim was that customers were preferring 1571 to Caller Display.
Quote from: Mand
Hi there,
All call features cost us money to provide.
We did take feedback about this a while ago and started offering the most popular call feature (voicemail 1571) free as a result of feedback from you guys.
Ultimately, we could offer all sorts of features for free, but this would likely mean an increase in base line rental.
I personally am a big believer in offering the basics at the best value price possible, and then allowing customers to pay for what they need over and above that, rather than having all the bells and whistles but end up paying for stuff I don't need.

My vote is for Caller Display. I have an answering machine so I have no need for another to be included "free" in my monthly charges.
Javert
Grafter

Me too!  Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Here is the thread I referred to in reply #5. An overwhelming majority for Caller Display, with a significant number also saying choose your own, but Plusnet have never taken any notice. Probably because the CP Cartel like their 20p's for people getting engaged numbers Roll_eyes
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I'm surprised they don't charge extra to provide a ring service telling you that someone is calling you Wink
I can't understand in this day and age that Caller ID, a basic part of the telephone service is considered an 'extra'.
Without it I would be wasting a part of my day answering pointless overseas sales calls.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe that not providing Caller ID as standard is a ploy by Plusnet to encourage you to answer the 'number withheld' call that you get from Plusnet support staff, instead of ignoring it (as I have done on several occasions) mistaking it for yet another "pointless overseas sales call".
How hard can it be (for a communications company) to send caller ID for the relevant VISP ?  Angry
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

It's one reason why I won't switch my home phone, I don't use 1571 but won't do without caller display and don't want to pay for something I get for free.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'