Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Internet Service

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Intermittent Internet Service

NO it doesn't need time to "settle down". I take it that it wasn't an SFI engineer after all?
Some RSLite graphs of that behaviour would have been useful.
alex7127
Grafter

Jojo
Thanks for the call
Did what you (and Spencer) suggested.
Have taken the RF3 plate off the master socket
Now have a microfilter in the test socket with my router and home phone going into it.
Router stats now indicate it is synced at  1.472Mbps, SNRM at 5.8 and a download speed of........wait for it.......wait for it.......261Kbps!
Now the router is seeing 1.472Mbps, will my DL speed go up shortly?
KR's
Alex
alex7127
Grafter

As my MAAF fault ticket is so long now (circa 30 pages of A4)...........and my speed is so low........I cant get into the fault ticket to see if there are any updates........as the MAAF page times out!
Great, just great Cry
My router is still seeing 1.472Mbps, SNR flirting with '6'.....yet D/L speeds still nearing dialup speed?
@ Any PN staff that read this.....should I reboot my router?
Please someone, anyone????
KR's
Alex
Anotherone
Champion

It's probably a case of the BT IP Profile (as shown on the BT Speedtest) catching up with your current sync speed, so best to leave the modem/router on 24/7 hopefully without disconnects or reboots.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Alex,
The BT IP profile is still at 350. There have been two drops since yesterday but your sync is still good. Just need it to stay connected and wait for the profile to catch up I'm afraid.
Jojo Smiley
alex7127
Grafter

Jojo
Have waited and waited and waited........is my IP Profile 'stuck' at 350Kbps? Have there been anymore drops since the last ones you mention?
Don't do or make any changes without Spencers say so......as he wants the staus quo to be held for the time being.....just in case he has to erturn it to OR again. He has told me not totouch my router or cahnge anything including a router reboot.
I was just wondering if you can see any more drops?
KR's
Alex Crazy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@alex7127
Don't do or make any changes without Spencers say so.

Spencer should be in the office a little later today so I'll give him a heads up about this post.
FYI the last connection drop I can see was 00:16 on the 15th and you've been connected since 01:51 that morning.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alex7127
Grafter

Thanks Adam.
After I made this last post Spencer updated my (very long) MAAF Faults Ticket, with further info for me.
I think Spencer is to review my connection on Friday morning.....hopefully it will still be stable and the IP Profile will march on up.......you never know eh!
Thanks
Alex Crazy
SpencerUk
Grafter

@Alex7127
Your profile has changed to 1000k which reflects your current stable sync rate of 1280Kbps by the DLM at the exchange. Told you if we waited if would happen ;). I'll have a chat with you tomorrow on this.
alex7127
Grafter

Have been synced for nearly 6 days without interuption now!
My SNRM remains well above it's target of 6. Right now it is 8ish. Anything to worry about?
BUT......Since my last OR visit last Sunday I have noticed on testing that my dropped packets has really increased.Yesterday at various times of day I lost between 17 and 32%! Should I be concerned?
Alex
Anotherone
Champion

Can you post the ADSL line stats from that 582n please Alex?
alex7127
Grafter

Did you see my PM?
BSOD event yesterday......factory reset!
I only back up my pc on the first of the month....so therefore lost all RSL data as was only using it from the 4th of May!
Alex Crazy
Anotherone
Champion

I'll reply to your PM - I meant Current Line Stats direct from the modem/router, not the graphs & sorry about the BSOD.
alex7127
Grafter

Well..... been synced now continuously for nearly 8 and a half days  Smiley
Synced at 1280Kbps, giving me a Profile of 1000Kbps.
My target SNR has now been set at 9dB apparently as my line/connection kept attempting 're-trains' at 6dB.
Anyway so far so good, 1Mbps is just about usable in day to day surfing and e-mails etc.
Spencer had this ticket for just under a month and although that may seem a long time, much work was done in this time.
It has to be remembered that guys (n girls) like Spencer are at the mercy of BT OR much of the time, to carry out work/repairs.
Below is a list of what exactly was carried out on my line over the past month for those of you that are interested - cut and paste from my fault ticket.
The work listed from the escalation owner from the job is

* D side changed onto best possible pair (that's the pair going from your socket up to the cabinet)
* Multiple E side pairs tried and changed onto best possible E side (pair going from cab to exchange)
* Placed onto shorter mapping (shortened line by 20m)
* Port Reset and flex at exchange (This isn't an SNR reset as what people think. This is more improving things on BT's end)
* Placed onto new routing
* Checked joints and re terminated from cabinet to exchange.
* RF3 fitted and filtered faceplace (as seen at your home)
* Mapping restrictions used
* New BT socket
* New router incl filters (although this was sent from us)
* Lead in checked and reterminated and balanced

I wonder, out of all of the above, what  was the ultimate probelem with my connection? The original fault was SNRM jumping all over the place causing dropouts and resyncs all the time....answers on a postcard......... Grin
Just for interests sake I am going to run RSL for a day or do  just so I can see  what the SNR is doing
I have also attached a copy of my latest router stats.
Had a BSOD a few days back and have only just finished putting all my bits an bobs back onto my PC
KR's
Alex
alex7127
Grafter

Was it too good to be true...........
Has been good since my last post.....but........
I have been resynced, now at 864Mbps and SNRM is now showing 12.4dB
Have my gremlins come back to visit me again or is this a 'blip'?
Alex Crazy