Webstats missing 30/03/12

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: Webstats missing 30/03/12

Quote from: Penny
... just a note that today's Webstats run hasn't generated yet 😕

... nor today's 😕  (now day four)      Clearly things are in hand because the previous three days of Webstats have arrived okay, if not at the usual time, but whatever this is, still isn't quite fixed, clearly.
I'm away from Wednesday so not able to comment here or raise tickets, for a while after that.

Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
kdiment
Rising Star

Yes, webstats do seem to have been arriving much later than usual for the last four days. Also, a few lines (about 20) from 29/03/12 have been repeated at the beginning of each subsequent day's stats. It is easy to ignore those lines that clearly do not belong to a particular day, but if extra lines can appear maybe lines can also disappear. How sure can we be that there are no lines missing?
- Keith
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Morning all,
Thanks for the keen observation over the weekend. I've relayed the information back to our engineers and will update the open Service Status thread shortly ...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Penny
Superuser
Superuser

today's Webstats are in : D  for which many thanks.

Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Think we've worked out what's going on now. A log entry we tried removing on Friday was still hanging about and it's been stopping the stats running over the weekend. Transpires that our on call engineer's been kicking the processing off manually each morning (he's obviously not as much of an early bird as the cron scripts Wink ).
We've tidied things up now anyway so hopefully tomorrow morning everything should be back to normal. I'll leave the Service Status thread open until then ...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Thanks Bob. Hope that has fixed things. Smiley
David
David
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Bob
Transpires that our on call engineer's been kicking the processing off manually each morning (he's obviously not as much of an early bird as the cron scripts Wink ).

lol
It's much appreciated, that he did that Smiley  weekend Webstats seem to be the most at risk when things go wrong.    Glad you've tracked down the problem, anyway Smiley

Regards,
Penny.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Bob
hopefully tomorrow morning everything should be back to normal. I'll leave the Service Status thread open until then ...

Just to note that today's Webstats (both sets) arrived early (between 4 and 5am).  The cron scripts are working again, then : D

Regards,
Penny.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear it Penny. I'll close the service status thread.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team