cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*21CN ONLY* Do you think your PN profile is not updating as it should?

bradw
Grafter

Re: *21CN ONLY* Do you think your PN profile is not updating as it should?

I might need PN profile updating, BT profile has dropped since install but nothing changed on PN side (I think)
From BTW:
IP Profile for your line is - 30.66 Mbps

From PN:
Estimated line speed:
39Mb (Accurate to within +/- 1Mbit) - Checked on 2013-06-26 03:11:44
Current line speed:
37 Mb
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Amusingly, considering my current REIN troubles, my Plusnet profile remains stuck at 7.15 Mb (I think it's been at 7.15 for a while). It took some time to get the member centre line speed to load now that the interference source is back on and causing massive packet loss, the BT speedtester would probably take even longer, but my ADSL2+ remains stubbornly in sync at 3212k down / 708k up (if I set my DG834Gv3 to ADSL1 it would go in and out of sync every few seconds, it wouldn't even hold long enough for the router to establish a PPP connection).
7.15 is a ridiculous value for 2 reasons: first, my line is never going to be anywhere near that fast, and second, 7.15 looks like the highest possible profile for a 20CN connection, but I'm on 21CN.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Shame you don't know when it went to 7.15Mbps! I wonder if Plusnet are able to check?
I wonder if it was the same time as my 20CN one also went to the same value.
starfire
Dabbler

Could someone at Plusnet check my current line speed please, seems very high:
Estimated line speed:
There's no speed estimate currently held on your account.
Current line speed:
74.4 Mb
Yet conducting a BTW performance test shows:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 39.73 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-42.14 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 42.14 Mbps
Suspect the above issue could upset throttling?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It's not Throttling exactly that it would upset, it's good Traffic Management that's possibly upset.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Another resync 10AM yesterday - PN profile still 'as was' at 61.8.  Also had PPP drop at 03:27 this morning
Are Delta reports coming through from BT?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It's Plusnet's system that's still broken. They've confirmed on my 20CN topic that the delta came through from BT 30/06/2013 09:31:12 - it's still not updated on PN.
I don't know how they can monitor and push back to BT if delta reports don't arrive when there are still problems with their own system.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ejs
Aspiring Hero

No surprises as to actually being able to immediately use my new all time high speed of 3658 / 708 when unrestricted by the plusnet profile.
I guess the new 21CN system is quicker than losing things in the post, somebody discovered it would be faster to fax the profile changes over to plusnet instead! But I guess the person writing out the profile changes at my exchange must have hard to read handwriting!  Tongue
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

60 hrs and counting since resync.
[Edit] And 30 minutes later it resyncs again (almost matching the PN Profile - I suppose that's one way to correct it!).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: chrispurvey
Delta reports we're not being generated every time that a re-sync event took place, this meant that no information was generated to us to update your speed profile if the sync rate had changed.
The way the information is generated to the delta reports has been adjusted, although currently any changes under 256kbps will not be reported to us as it stands, this is just to manage volume while we see if there is any initial difference.
0:05
3:05
6:05
17:05
20:05
This is then followed by the us running a script an hour later with the download date to our systems to update your profile:
1:05
4:05
7:05
18:05
21:05
We're also refining our scripts slightly this week, this is due to a few errors that have been encountered when applying the updates to our systems.
We're currently monitoring this.

Are the script times given here still correct or have they been modified?
Should this information not be on the help pages somewhere?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bradw
Grafter

please update my profile
38 on btw, 33 on plusnet
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Something really strange is going on. This is the second time it's occurred recently. What am I on about, well the PN profile is getting an erroneous low value after a loss of sync. During loss of connection, auto negotiation never establishes any sync that equates to a profile of 3.3 (there are a few xDSL down messages but no up info).
Once synchronised it's at a BT profile value of 6.9 but yet the PN profile still gets auto updated with this 3.3 far too low number. As a result I'm left with a stupidly low download speed for a few days before the profile finally gets corrected with the right value.
I don't know what's going wrong but someone should be looking into this as it's rather annoying and totally puzzling, if only infrequent as our line is pretty stable most of the time. This certainly is not the way the profiling system is suppose to work. Roll_eyes
That's RPM to you!!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Quote from: udk
please update my profile
38 on btw, 33 on plusnet

Your profile is now set correctly.
@RPMozley
Not sure why we received a delta report for your line, I'll feed this back to BTW.
Your sync rate has not changed as you can see below.

This was the report that came through from BTW on the 21st.

As you can see, 3 and a bit hours later your profile has then been updated, I've now corrected your profile.

Quote from: jelv
Quote from: chrispurvey
Delta reports we're not being generated every time that a re-sync event took place, this meant that no information was generated to us to update your speed profile if the sync rate had changed.
The way the information is generated to the delta reports has been adjusted, although currently any changes under 256kbps will not be reported to us as it stands, this is just to manage volume while we see if there is any initial difference.
0:05
3:05
6:05
17:05
20:05
This is then followed by the us running a script an hour later with the download date to our systems to update your profile:
1:05
4:05
7:05
18:05
21:05
We're also refining our scripts slightly this week, this is due to a few errors that have been encountered when applying the updates to our systems.
We're currently monitoring this.

Are the script times given here still correct or have they been modified?
Should this information not be on the help pages somewhere?

The times haven't changed, I'm working with our development team to see if we can get this run more frequently and also digging into the missed profile updates.
ejs
Aspiring Hero

I see my PN profile has missed various changes it should have had recently. It's probably missed some drops and then also missed the subsequent increases. My PN profile has never updated reliably. 20CN, 21CN, rounded to the nearest 0.5Mb, 88.2% - it doesn't seem to matter, apparently reliably transferring a number from one system to another is just impossible.
Two possible theories as to why the problem of transferring a number from one system to another cannot be solved:
a) Plusnet are not capable of fixing it
b) Plusnet don't want to fix it
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

ejs - move to other isp then if u don't want any ip profile on their side. Zen Internet is the one that doesn't have any ip profile on their side, only the BT system.