cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Usage Widget

mylogon
Hooked

Mac Usage Widget

Basically, I've been searching the web for a program, for mac, that monitors bandwidth usage.
the problem is, that there isn't ever a selection that says 'Stop monitoring between 00:00 and 08:00'
I propose that plusnet make a widget that, if possible, sync up with your account usage (the most up-to-date amount), current bandwidth usage and preferably some kind of monitor for usage in a certain session from that computer.
I would be over the moon if this was developed.
Of course, I'm sure there a programs that can be scheduled to be shut down at midnight and started up again at 8, but that would probably be reset per session.
Is anyone with me on this?
Thanks,
Luke
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mac Usage Widget

mylogon
Hooked

yup, and I think plus net are awesome for this feature.
i know its a bit cheeky to ask for more, but surely its not too much to ask to go that little bit further?
was just a thought for convenience and laziness..
Anonymous
Not applicable

On my iMac, I use SurplusMeter to monitor my occasional 3G Dongle usage, you do have to pause monitoring manually though.
And you do have to remove it manually from your Login items each time if you only want occasional use.
When you start iMac, it automatically starts logging, unless you open and pause immediately.
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/20884/surplusmeter
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Well a Widget would be useful to more people if it just synced up with the online account usage info, rather than monitoring all network activity. This way also takes into account other users of your internet connection or even if you use BootCamp to start up in Windoze or Linux.
That's RPM to you!!
mylogon
Hooked

Quote from: RPMozley
Well a Widget would be useful to more people if it just synced up with the online account usage info, rather than monitoring all network activity. This way also takes into account other users of your internet connection or even if you use BootCamp to start up in Windoze or Linux.

Exactly! Thank you. I don't understand how people could appose this. It would be a lot easier to monitor you usage on the go. I thought I was going mad when people have been voting 'No' on the poll.
Seriously people?
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Quote from: mylogon
I thought I was going mad when people have been voting 'No' on the poll.
Seriously people?

Well, there are only 3 votes, not really enough to base anything on.
If I were to set something up, as an example, you'd have a https (secure) link where you use your PN username and password in the link. Then the PN server will reply back with two lines of text, 1st line how much used so far and 2nd line total quota. If something like this was available it could be quite easy to use it on other OS systems, not just available for Mac users.
Also, with it being a small amount of data being returned to the user, it wouldn't matter too much if info was updated at regular intervals.
That's RPM to you!!