The Plusnet Top Ten of 2012
December 31st, 2012 at 14:00 by Adam Walker
It’s hard to believe that 2012 is drawing to a close and what a year it’s been!
It’s been an unforgettable twelve months that’s seen us turn 15, (yes 15) and brought everything from sporting triumph to a Royal Jubilee. This year has been a very proud one for all at Plusnet; we’ve maintained our Which? recommendation for the third consecutive time, brought Fibre broadband to our customers and unleashed our unlimited broadband on the nation. Read on for rundown of Plusnet’s top 10 highlights of 2012 …
- Which? approved again and again and again: In September, we picked up our third consecutive Which? recommendation and in March came top of their first ever survey for “superfast broadband” survey.
- We heard an ISPA that Plusnet were brill! At least that’s what the Internet Service Provider’s Association (ISPA) sort of said at their annual awards when we picked up ‘Best Consumer Fixed Broadband’. The judges were impressed by our flexibility, good range of services and value for money amongst many other product features.
- Smart thinking: Back in July we blogged about the increasing popularity of Smart TVs and on-demand programmes. The time has come when you can watch what you want, went you want!
- Keeping up with the Joneses: If you’ve not read our tech round-up blogs then this is a good one to start with. We make sure we cover any major tech developments new gadgets and games and this blog covers some of the major movers and shakers of 2012.
- Days of Fibre: When the time came to launch our even-faster Fibre packages we did so in style at Rockingham race track and with some very nifty cars!
- Customer feedback counts: Without the help of our customer trials, we would not have been able to launch the next generation of faster fibre services. We saw an unprecedented amount of interest in this trial which went on until the official launch of “Extra Fibre” back in August.
- Thirsty work: In May, we decided to get a guest blogger involved for a change, Ben from TechDrink did a great job of recommending a few tips for getting the most of our your wireless network:
- Encryption is key : Back in March, our Bob posted this advisory blog about encryption when using powerline adapters. This is something a lot of us weren’t previously aware of so, if this is something you use at home you should definitely take a look!
- We’ll do you Proud: In May we blogged about our new customer pledge with a TV ad that had a dig at the classic “brand manifesto” advert and featured Joe, a choir and THAT big dog!
- Truly unlimited: With the unprecedented activation of Fibre in 98 new areas and more and more happening week by week, it’s great to end the year by offering truly unlimited Fibre broadband.
We look forward to sharing more of our latest news and industry reviews with you next year! In the meantime, why not leave a comment and tell us your highlights of 2012…